Hurricane 2018: Forecasters Predict An Active Atlantic Storm Season
For those still grappling with the devastation of hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria last year, be warned:
The 2018 hurricane season may not offer a reprieve.
Researchers at Colorado State University predict the upcoming Atlantic Ocean hurricane season could, again, be above average. That means more storms, and more storms of a greater severity, could form this year.
The season officially starts June 1 and runs until Nov. 30, though storms have formed before and after that window.
During the middle of a hurricane is not the time to realize that your generator is not prepared. A tailored planned maintenance program from Loftin Equipment will greatly reduce the chance of your system failing when it has to perform.
We also maintain a comprehensive rental fleet and our team of rental experts have the knowledge and experience to ensure we have the equipment and assets in place to respond to all of your generator rental needs.
Scania Top Team Event
The Top Team Engines Competition is in its sixth year and has become a powerful way to recognize the best of the best Scania technician in mechanical and technical knowledge. If you can prove you're the best tech in the Scania network, you'll take home $$$$!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The competition is based on real-world scenarios that technicians are challenged with every day, such as finding information in Multi, SDP3 and the technician’s ability to make repairs. The first round of competition consists of taking a 30-minute online test. The regional round is where the technician’s technical skills are put to the test by completing timed, hands-on stations. The top five teams from the regional rounds will then be invited to the final round to compete for the grand prize.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
The competition is open to all Scania Distributor/Dealer personal, but it is geared towards technicians.
All Scania dealer technicians
All Scania distributor technicians
WHAT DO WE WIN?
Total prize money is $25,000 and will be divided as follows:
1st place $12,500
2nd place $7,500
3rd place $5,000
The winning teams will share the prize money with their dealerships, 60% of the money should be re-invested into the dealership while the other 40% of the prize money will be split by the team members.
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?
Step 1: Scania Technician finds a teammate
Step 2: Each participant will need to register individually HERE starting May 30, 2018. Or register with your Service Manager.
Step 3: Participants will take the 30-minute online test individually
Step 4: Top teams will qualify for the Regional Rounds
Step 5: Top 5 teams will qualify for Finals
Renting Power Has Never Been Easier - Rent From the Experts
Loftin Equipment Co. understands the importance of
rental power. Our technicians and our staff are trained in
our market’s rental needs. Loftin Equipment is your full service
supplier of emergency backup and prime power
for a number of critical power applications. Wherever
and whenever you need it, we’re on hand with generators,
power distribution equipment, and miles of 4/0 cable.
Whether it’s at a moment’s notice or planned in advance,
whatever it takes to power you up to your full potential,
Loftin Equipment will provide it.
Medical – hospitals and in-field units
Manufacturing and plant facilities
Concerts and festivals
Emergency power during weather-related power outages
On this Memorial Day, while enjoying the company of friends and family, let’s not forget the fallen men and women in the Armed Forces who have made the celebration of this day possible. To those who courageously gave their lives for our country and those who bravely serve today, we thank you.
Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Architects, designers, and builders are key target groups for Loftin Equipment Co. and now with BIM Objects, the world’s leading manufacturer specific content provider, they now have free access to the products we represent.
Simplicity is key for us and we want to provide our customers with useful resources during the design and specification phase of the planning process.
With BIM Objects, you are able to discover and download specific models, drawings and technical product information right at your fingertips.
This Information Sheet discusses the applications for generator sets used in the Oil & Gas Industry, and the specifications of generator systems used in Oil & Gas field drilling and production environments.
Kohler has developed the Power Solutions Center (PSC). The PSC has been developed with your input and your request for an improved sizing and specification tool. We have also incorporated additional tools to make the job of sizing and specifying a power system easier.
The PSC is Kohler’s user-friendly spec and sizing program. An innovation so advanced, it will change the way power systems are specified.