At Loftin Equipment, we believe in power as a certainty in an uncertain world. We provide engine and generator solutions for life’s power needs. At Loftin Equipment, you’ll find passionate people who deliver uncompromising customer focus, and dedication to excellence, premium quality products, and continued reinvestment for what’s next.
We are a Premier Distributor for Kohler Power and have been in the business of selling and servicing generators, engines, pumps and related outdoor power and commercial equipment since 1976. As a company, our customers include industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, hospital and healthcare facilities, data centers, retail centers and municipalities.
Our corporate office is located in Phoenix, AZ and we have seven branches offering service, sales, rentals and parts in Las Vegas, NV, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, San Antonio, TX, San Bernardino, CA and Lakeside, CA. We also have a network of dealers that allows us to provide service and support throughout the states of Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. To learn more about us, please visit: www.loftinequip.com
Power Generation Mechanic II
Working directly for the Service Department Manager, you will provide direct supervision of the day-to-day activities by the department Service Writer. You will perform power generation equipment preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, load bank testing and complete start-up testing as assigned. In addition, you will prepare written estimates for recommended corrective repairs noted during any service and submit to the Service Admin personnel for submission to the customer. You will also provide direct hands-on maintenance of customer’s and the company’s power generation equipment in order to support all aspects in the overall service and parts sales associated with the Service Department.
• Display ability to follow instructions and work well with limited supervision.
• Display the ability to apply knowledge from past jobs to future work.
• Perform complex problem solving and make logical decisions.
• Be self-motivated
• Perform diagnostic testing & troubleshooting on power generation equipment and engines.
• Maintain a clean driving record
• Clearly and concisely document all work and repairs completed by following all documentations procedures as instructed
• Provide and maintain own hand tools and meters required to perform basis job functions
• Display sufficient computer knowledge to perform basic job junctions.
• Follow all safety requirements, including the use of personal protective equipment.
• Be available to respond to any emergency calls 24/7.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following abilities, attributes, experience and skills:
• Fifth year college or university program certificate or two to four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Completed Kohler Generator & Controls and Industrial ATS training.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office product.
• Familiar with Wennsoft MobileTech and Kohler SiteTech preferred.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, depending on experience, and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, a 401K program, tuition reimbursement and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.